The project will widen the existing section of Old Wire Road from just north of Mission Boulevard to Ash Street. The project will include:
• Two vehicle travel lanes, each with an adjacent outside bicycle lane.
• 5-foot-wide sidewalk along the west side of the roadway.
• 10-foot-wide shared-use trail along the east side of the roadway.
• Addition of left turn lanes at Ash Street.
• Installation of storm sewer.
Why is it important?
The improvements to this collector street will provide safer pedestrian and bicycle travel along this roadway. Installation of storm sewer will address numerous drainage issues along this stretch of roadway.
What is the current status?
Construction bids were opened on June 10th and APAC-Central was the low bidder at $2,574,815.20.