FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 17, 2020
Contact: Lisa Thurber
Director of Communications
Adjusted Hours and Public Closures for Some City of Fayetteville Offices
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Some City of Fayetteville divisions have closed to the public or adjusted their public access hours to help reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for visitors, customers and staff. Staffing levels vary by division, but operations continue. The public can still contact these divisions and expect a response within a reasonable time frame.
The following are closed to the public, with operations continuing and staff working on-site and/or remotely:
- The Yvonne Richardson Community Center
- The Parking Division office. Please contact email@example.com or 479-575-8280 with any questions.
- Development Services. Signage is posted on the front door of the office, with closure information and contact numbers for different areas within the division:
- Building Safety: 479-575-8238
- Development Services: 479-575-8233
- Engineering: 479-575-8206
- Planning: 479-575-8267
- Water Department: 479-521-1258
- The City Clerk Treasurer’s office. Signage is posted on the front door with closure information and contact numbers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 479-575-8324 with questions.
- The Utilities Operations office at 2435 S. Industrial Drive. Signage is posted on the front door with closure information and contact numbers for reaching utilities staff.
- Department of Economic Vitality. All contractual support services are available, and the department remains fully operational. Please call 479.575.8221 or email DHowland@fayetteville-ar.gov. A list of current resources for business can be found here: Fayetteville COVID-19 Business Resources
- Animal Services is closed but will open to the public, for adoptions only, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Staff will continue caring for the animals and working with residents to reclaim pets. Animal control officers will be switching to emergency-only calls beginning today, March 17, at noon. Until further notice, Animal Services has suspended owner surrenders and its income-based spay/neuter clinic.
- Fire stations and offices. There will be no interruption to services.
- The Human Resources office. Exceptions are limited to individuals who need to complete forms for background checks, drug tests and new hire paperwork for essential and core staff, by appointment only.
Open to the public with adjusted hours:
- The Parks and Recreation Department Office is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
City offices not listed above are currently open to the public and operating as usual.
Please note, Lake Sequoyah and Lake Fayetteville bait shops will be closed to the public beginning tomorrow. These operations are contracted through the city to outside vendors.
This list represents all closures or adjusted hours as of 3 p.m. today. To view a regularly updated list of cancellations and closures, please go to the city’s COVID-19 cancellations and closures web page. Currently, City Hall remains open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For additional information about the City's efforts to combat COVID-19, please visit the City's COVID-19 website: fayetteville-ar.gov/covid19.